Refund Policies Effective November 4, 2017
Please read the entire document.
All refunds will be computed at the Continuing Education Rate within 60 days of the 2nd anniversary of the student’s enrollment but not before this time. Animal Chiropractic 101 students who leave the course prior to completing the course will be considered a la carte CE students. Because rates are higher for CE credits this may result in student OWING money at their time of departure from the course rather than a refund of any remaining tuition even if they paid the full fees in advance. All disputes are actionable in Bosque County Texas. Venue and jurisdiction arising over this contract shall arise in Bosque County Texas.
1. Refund computations will be based on the period of enrollment computed on the basis of course time (clock hours), fees as a result of equipment, fees as a result of services provided to the
student. Equipment used during laboratory time but not retained by the student will be billed at a rental fee rate. Equipment retained by the student will be billed at full market price. Administrative fees apply.
2. If a student has begun the course and completed 25% or more of the coursework prior to withdrawing from the course, there will be no refund.
3. The effective date of termination for refund purposes will be the earliest of the following:
a) the last date of attendance; or
b) two years from the date of enrollment.
4. Tuition and fees are collected at the time of entrance. If the student does not log-on to attend any classes, not more than $100 shall be retained by the school so long as termination occurs within
the first 60 days following enrollment.
5. If the student fails to enter the seminar, withdraws, or is discontinued at any time before completion of the seminar, the student will be refunded the pro rata portion of tuition, fees, and other charges that the number of CE class hours remaining in the seminar at the CE tuition rate after the effective date of termination bears to the total number of class hours in the seminar. Online security fees will be billed from the date of enrollment to the date of termination.
6. A full refund of all tuition and fees is due in each of the following cases:
(a) an enrollee is not accepted by the school;
(b) if the seminar of instruction is discontinued by the school and thus prevents
the student from completing the seminar; or
(c) if the student’s enrollment was procured as a result of any misrepresentation in advertising, promotional materials of the school, or misrepresentations by the owner or representatives of the school.
7. REFUND POLICY FOR STUDENTS CALLED TO ACTIVE MILITARY SERVICE.
8. A student of the school who withdraws from the school as a result of the student being called to active duty in a military service of the United States or the Texas National Guard may elect one
of the following options for each program in which the student is enrolled:
(a) if tuition and fees are collected in advance of the withdrawal, a pro rata refund of any tuition, fees, or other charges paid by the student for the program and a cancellation of any unpaid tuition, fees, or other charges owed by the student for the portion of the program the student does not complete following withdrawal;
(b) a grade of incomplete with the designation “withdrawn-military” for the courses in the program, other than courses for which the student has previously received a grade on the student’s transcript, and the right to re-enroll in the program, or a substantially equivalent program if that program is no longer available, not later than the first anniversary of the date the student is discharged from active military duty without payment of additional tuition, fees, or other charges for the program other than any previously unpaid balance of the original tuition, fees, and charges for books for the program; or
(c) the assignment of an appropriate final grade or credit for the courses in the program, butonly if the instructor or instructors of the program determine that the student has:
(1) satisfactorily completed at least 90 percent of the required coursework for the program; and
(2) demonstrated sufficient mastery of the program material to receive credit for completing the program.
7. Refunds will be totally consummated within 60 days after the 2 year anniversary of registration, but not before this date
Animal Chiropractic Education Source is an equal opportunity educational school. Students are accepted based on their previous level of education alone and not based on race, religion, sex, or diagnosed handicaps. ACES reserves the right to limit students if the safety of classmates, the student, or the animals might be compromised by any student that results in students being in harm’s way. All students are encouraged to work in their highest capacity to achieve certification through the AVCA.